Una cookie o galleta informática es un pequeño archivo de información que se guarda en su navegador cada vez que visita nuestra página web.

La utilidad de las cookies es guardar el historial de su actividad en nuestra página web, de manera que, cuando la visite nuevamente, ésta pueda identificarle y configurar el contenido de la misma en base a sus hábitos de navegación, identidad y preferencias.

Las cookies pueden ser aceptadas, rechazadas, bloqueadas y borradas, según desee. Ello podrá hacerlo mediante las opciones disponibles en la presente ventana o a través de la configuración de su navegador, según el caso.

En caso de que rechace las cookies no podremos asegurarle el correcto funcionamiento de las distintas funcionalidades de nuestra página web.

Más información en el apartado “POLÍTICA DE COOKIES” de nuest

Alborea

The name comes from the arab Al-Burayat (small tower), a word which referred to a muslim tower that could have been built to watch the road that connected the plains of Albacete with the levantine region (east of Spain)by way of Requena, and the remains of which can be seen near the village;the original tower is thought to have been situated next to the church of the Nativity, perhaps in the place where the bell tower is today.
The origin of the village is later than this time, and is related to the process of the Reconquista and its repopulating effects, although there are traces of archeological sites ,possibly pre-historic , as well as a beautiful roman bridge which is well preserved.
It was king Alfonso VIII who occupied and legally distributed this land from 1211, according to the charter of Cuenca, to which bishopric it belonged. But the weakness of this repopulating process provoked the loss of these lands to the hands of the muslims, and the king had to reconquer them again in 1213,adding them to the circumscription of Cuenca and giving them to knights. After this Alborea was a hamlet dependent on the council of Alarcon, and its wealth was in the hands of the Señorio de Gonzalo Ruiz de Atienza, who was in charge of defending this area south of Cuenca and north of the Jucar.
IN 1226, due to privileges conceded by Alfonso X, the council of Jorquera was created, and Alborea was included in it. Later it also belonged to the Señorio of Villena,and suffered the agitated and conflictive government of many of the ruling marquis until in the 19th century it became a self-governed village.
Alborea is mainly a farming community, its chief crop being vines (1395 hectares).The rest of the cultivated land is taken up with wheat and barley, although there is also olive and almond. It used to be an important place for the growing of high quality saffron, and a great effort is being made today to recover its production.
It is also well-known for its artisan meat products which can be found in many shops.
Among the monuments of Alborea we can find the church of the Nativity in gothic-barroque style and a well preserved roman bridge.
The landscape surrounding the river Cabriel, main tributary to the Jucar, offers a wealth of nature to the point that its mediterranean forest belongs to the Red Natura 2000- Zepa ( area for protection of birds), as well as LIC ( place of interest of the community)
Alborea has a wide range of paths for walking , authorised by the Mountain Federation of Castilla-La Mancha.

Para ampliar haga click sobre la imagen.