Una cookie o galleta informática es un pequeño archivo de información que se guarda en su navegador cada vez que visita nuestra página web.

La utilidad de las cookies es guardar el historial de su actividad en nuestra página web, de manera que, cuando la visite nuevamente, ésta pueda identificarle y configurar el contenido de la misma en base a sus hábitos de navegación, identidad y preferencias.

Las cookies pueden ser aceptadas, rechazadas, bloqueadas y borradas, según desee. Ello podrá hacerlo mediante las opciones disponibles en la presente ventana o a través de la configuración de su navegador, según el caso.

En caso de que rechace las cookies no podremos asegurarle el correcto funcionamiento de las distintas funcionalidades de nuestra página web.

Más información en el apartado “POLÍTICA DE COOKIES” de nuest

Casas de Juan Núñez

The area where Casas de Juan Núñez is situated is mainly a plain, with some elevation to the south, owing to the presence of the mountains of Montearagón. It is crossed by several gullies or watercourses that go from the mountains to the valley of the river Júcar,some of wchich are the Cañada de Villares, that flows by the village, and the Cañahorro to the northwest.
The traditional economy was based on farming( barley, wheat, alfalfa, olive, vine and almond) and cattle farming (sheep, goat and pig), although in the last decades of the 20th century traditional work was modernized and since then new businesses have been created dedicated to transport, construction works , quarry exploitation and other services.
The first peoples we know of in these lands are the iberians. In the area of Casas de Juan Núñes, in the place known as La Losa, a figure of a horse from the 5th century BC was found. Today it can be seen in the Museum of Albacete.
The first references to the place that today is Casas de Juan Núñez, come from a royal document dated from the 27th may 1655 in wcich Jorquera is allowed to use the Dehesa of Cañadorro, which in those times went from the river Júcar to the place called Navazo, and thus included the place where Casas de Juan Núñez was situated.At this time the village was a hamlet belonging to Jorquera which was one of the most important strongholds of the Marquesado de Villena.
When property changed from the hands of nobility to the hands of families with wealth, big portions of land were bought.The name Juan Nuñez could refer to an estate owned by this family descended from the Town of Chinchilla.
During the early 18th century Casas de Juan Núñez is considered a big producer of wheat, and although it did not have its council, as the other nine villages belonging to Jorquera had, it was important for its economic potential.
Throughout the 18th century Casas de Juan Núñez kept its important position in the state of Jorquera but it was not until the 19th century tha t it had its own council.
On 23rd may 1812 a royal decree allows villages of more than 1000 inhabitants to become independent, and although Casas de Juan Núñez did not have the required number, it did have enough territorial wealth to have its own government.
In december 1813 All the documents are collected and the jurisdiction of Casa de Juan Núñez is marked.
Later in 1815, with the absolute reign of Fernando VII, lots of councils were abolished, among them the council of Casas de Juan Núñez, so that it belonged once again to the state of Jorquera.
In 1836 the council is created again.
Casas de Juan Núñez was initially formed by two quarters, Cuevas Bajas and Puertollano,while its population was growing, a growth which lasted until after the civil war. In the 50s the population reaches its highest number, but there is a stop to it in the 60s and 70s due to the migration to the provinces of Levante and the big cities of Spain.

Para ampliar haga click sobre la imagen.